ROOT BEER FLOAT CUPCAKES
recipe by Lauren Kapeluck
(makes 24 cupcakes)
For the cake:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups Root Beer (12 oz can, I used A&W)
2 tsp Root Beer Extract
3/4 cup unsweetened coca powder
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners
- In large bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt.
- In saucepan over medium heat combine butter, cocoa powder, root beer and root beer extract and stir until smooth and combined. Remove from heat.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar to cocoa mixture and mix well.
- Beat eggs and add to cocoa mixture.
- Add the cocoa mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined. There will be a few lumps and that is ok.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, top with Chocolate Root Beer Frosting.
For the frosting:
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 oz semi-sweet chocolate melted and cooled
1/3 cup Root Beer (I used A&W)
1 tsp Root Beer Extract
4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- In bowl of stand mixer, cream butter.
- Add cocoa powder, melted chocolate, Root Beer and Root Beer extract and mix until combined.
- Gradually add confectioner’s sugar and continue mixing scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Place the icing in a piping bag and cut off the tip to frost the cupcakes.
To create a cupcake in a jar:
- Slice cupcake in half with serrated knife. You will need one cupcake for each jar.
- Place half a cupcake in the bottom of the jar and add a dollop of icing on top. Place the other half of the cupcake on top and add another dollop of icing.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top right before serving.
- Garnish with a plastic straw.
I hope you enjoy this spin off of the classic Root Beer Float!
RED VELVET CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
1/2 cup butter
2-oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
2/3 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
8-oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Here’s what you need:
About 20 strawberries… this was a little over one carton for me.
8 oz pkg softened cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 sleeve of graham crackers
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
1. First you will want to wash the strawberries and cut off the tops.
2. Now core them! Use a knife. :D
The easiest way to core the strawberries is to hold the entire berry in your hand (wrap your fingers around it) and literally just core out the center. Get as deep as you can without breaking through the bottom. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being the easiest, I would give this a 4. Not too bad!
3. Now to make the filling…. I used my hand mixer because it ‘s just a few ingredients.
Beat the cream cheese. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
4. You can use a piping bag or you can cut off the tip of a ziplock bag.
5. Crush up 3 grahm crackers in a baggy!
6. Now fill the strawberries, leaving just a bit coming out the top… then sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
7. If you want… melt about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Place in zip lock. Snip tip off and
SOURCE (Some words changed due to post style, but instructions are the same) Tell her what you think!
I literally moaned out when I was swallowing my drool.
I’m a little bit hungry.